Monday 26 May 2014

Dressmaking #2

What's a girl to do on a rainy bank holiday? Sew of course! I'd promised myself a bit of a day off today - no housework or chasing around after children - so sewing was bound to feature (of all the things on my day off list, this is the only 1 I accomplished!) 

My first sewing job was to make the block for June for the Little Blog Quilt Bee. May's block should have arrived by now so I can show you a picture:


We seem to be having a wonky theme going with the blocks so far! Why is deliberate wonky-ness so difficult? Quite apart from anything else, when you are trying to put the individual pieces together, you naturally try to un-wonky them. I do anyway!

Back to today.........so June's block is finished (but can't be revealed yet!) and so is my second attempt at dressmaking. Today I completed a simple skirt, using the pattern in the Great British Sewing Bee book. I'm thrilled with it! If we get any decent weather in the summer, it'll be perfect.


Please excuse the knobbly knees!

I love this patterned fabric. My husband wasn't too keen when I bought it but he said it is better now made into a garment.

What to make next? I feel like I'm on a roll. I've bought a pattern for a jersey cardigan that I might have a go at next but we'll see.

I hope you've had a productive bank holiday despite the weather!

Love Natalie x


3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to spend your bank holiday. Your block looks great, love those stripey colours. I think the skirt looks wonderful. It's not always easy to see how something will look as a finished garment. Looking forward to seeing your next block.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your skirt, and the fabric pattern works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the skirt well done! the block looks colourful :)

    ReplyDelete